Where Should we Focus our Social Media Efforts?
Before you put begin your social media efforts, an important first step
We all have a finite amount of time to devote to our social media efforts. Determining where that time should be spent can be challenging.
The number of social media platforms has exploded over the past few years. Before you put forth any social media effort, first learn more about your audience. Getting the most up-to-date statistics and demographics about who your audience is, is a paramount first step. The more you know about your audience, the better equipped you will be to talk to them on social media.
To find the demographics of your website viewership is fairly easy
Instructions on finding Demographics in Google Analytics
- As you are signed into your Gmail account type in analytics.google.com
- You should be presented with an analytics dashboard.
- On the upper left side of the page and to the right of the analytics logo, click on the account dropdown.
- On the left column click on Audience and you will see a dropdown.
- Move down the dropdown list until you see demographics and click on it.
- You can then edit the date range on the upper right of the Demographics box.
We would recommend going back to the beginning of the year to get a broader picture of who is coming to your site. Now that you know who comes to your site, you’ll be able to tailor your campaigns appropriately.
At Alpha Media, we work with our clients to analyze their Google Analytics and help them make smart campaign decisions. Our goal is to get you to your goal as efficiently as possible. Schedule a call today to discuss your KPIs and how we may be able to help you reach them.