Creating Your Brand Voice: A Complete Guide
Creating your brand voice can be tricky. Interestingly enough, a lot of brands can’t define the difference between their personality and the actual person creating content for their specific advertising channel. As a result, there isn’t consistency. Additionally, the end user can be confused about what the company represents and will not feel connected to the brand.
Why should you define your brand’s personality?
Just like people have unique personalities, brand voices too will differentiate a company. There is an art to making your company recognizable in a world full of so much noise across all of the different platforms. So, how do you accomplish this?
Defining your brand’s style
A good brand voice stays with your audience and can’t be ignored. How do you connect with your audience and how do you share the values your company represents in a way that gets noticed? The team from HubSpot created an amazing guide that explores the elements needed to infuse your company with personality and emotion. Here are some highlights:
- What is a brand voice? – It is how you define your brand’s personality in your communication. And it’s how you convey what your company represents. But, it should be consistent across all platforms including your marketing collateral.
- Creating a Brand Voice – Start by defining your target audience. Audit your current efforts. Start with your mission statement. And are you currently aligned with what your company values are?
- Brand Voice Examples – Study a few examples of brand’s who have perfected their voice. What are they doing right? What makes you remember them?
- Brand Voice Template – Use the Hubspot template to help define some of the characteristics you are looking to define.
- Crafting Your Voice – Once you have a strong brand voice you can effectively push out your content. They go hand in hand for the most punch!
Need help defining your brand’s voice or finalizing your digital strategy for 2023? Reach out to schedule a call. We look forward to hearing from you!