It’s no wonder that higher education is using YouTube and other social channels to market themselves. This is because more and more students are using these channels to research schools. In fact, a recent study found that 80% of students use YouTube to learn about colleges.
Here are some of the ways that higher education institutions are using YouTube and other social channels to market themselves
- Creating video content. Colleges are creating video content that showcases their campuses, programs, and students. This content can be used to attract prospective students and give them a better sense of what it’s like to attend the school.
- Running social media campaigns. Colleges are running social media campaigns to promote their schools. These campaigns often use contests, giveaways, and other interactive elements to engage with prospective students.
- Using influencers. Colleges are using influencers to promote their schools. Influencers are people who have a large following on social media. By partnering with influencers, colleges can reach a wider audience and get their message in front of more prospective students.
The use of YouTube and other social channels by colleges is a growing trend. As more and more students turn to these channels to research schools, colleges will need to continue to invest in their social media presence.
Tips for colleges that are looking to use YouTube and other social channels to market themselves
- Create high-quality content. The content that you create should be high-quality and engaging. This will help you attract and retain viewers.
- Be consistent. You should post new content on a regular basis. This will help you keep your audience engaged.
- Use relevant keywords. When you create content, be sure to use relevant keywords. This will help people find your content when they are searching for information about colleges.
- Track your results. It’s important to track your results so you can see what’s working and what’s not. This will help you make informed decisions about your marketing strategy.
Targeting your audience is key
Be clear about your target audience: Who are you trying to reach with your marketing efforts? Once you know who your target audience is, you can tailor your marketing messages to appeal to them. With AlphaEDU we provide Access to a pre-built Database of High School Juniors and Seniors at EVERY High School in the Country! Contact us today to create actual audience models based on hundreds of thousands of High School students in your geography. There are several ways to effectively market colleges and universities, once we curate your target, we build a custom multi-channel campaign, including social media messaging.