Recently, a new report from Twitter was released that lists six social media trends brands need to stay ahead of in order to remain relevant to their users in the years ahead.
The report aims to educate brands about evolving cultural trends and conversations because, as Twitter puts it, “culturally relevant brands perform the best.” In fact, Twitter’s research shows a +73% correlation between cultural relevance and brand revenue. The data in Twitter’s 33-page report comes from analysis of billions of tweets over a two-year period.
Simply put, Twitter identified these as the six major social media trends that brands need to stay ahead of:
- Wellbeing: Prioritizing self-care for ourselves and each other.
- Creator Culture: A new generation of everyday entrepreneurs – the creator class.
- Everyday Wonder: Staying curious and connected with the world around us.
- One Planet: Driving toward a sustainable future by holding each other to higher environmental standards.
- Tech Life: Widespread integration of tech is inspiring new dialogue about the nature of our relationships with it.
- My Identity: As concepts of identity continue to broaden, people are coming together around shared values to express their sense of self.
For a detailed look at these trends, Twitter’s full report is available here.