In a recent video, Facebook shared some new key insights into how its video content algorithms work, which ultimately determine the reach of your brand’s video uploads on the platform.
The tips come from Facebook’s Product Lead, Mahncy Mehrotra, who took part in a recent livestream on the Facebook Media Page, a page dedicated to exploring how public figures and media organizations are using Facebook to their advantage these days.
According to Mehrotra, below are the five key tips for maximizing Facebook video performance by reaching more of your target audience:
- Create Videos that drive intentional and loyal viewing.
- Create videos that build meaningful interactions to drive authentic sharing by your audience.
- Use original content when posting videos to your business’s page.
- Upload videos that will consistently bring your audience back to your Page.
- Create longer, high-quality videos that keep users watching and engaged.
The bottom line: Facebook aims to connect relevant content to an engaged audience. If your video content is able to hook users into watching and engaging with it, the more opportunity is available for Facebook to push it to your audience. Keep this in mind when building your business’s Facebook video strategy.