Let’s talk about Linkedin Part 2
Linkedin is the #1 business networking platform. With over 700 million users it is a good place to stay in touch with colleagues, look for a new job, find new business opportunities and obtain business referrals. Last week we talked about the importance of a strong personal Linkedin profile. This week we will explore how a company can market themselves on Linkedin. Let’s start with your profile on your company Linkedin page.
How to write a good Linkedin company profile?
Tips on writing a good company description
Google indexes your Linkedin page. There are some things you should keep in mind that will help optimize your page.
- Keep your company profile to 3-4 paragraphs max.
- When describing your company and what you do, use simple terms.
- Determine relevant keywords and sprinkle them throughout your company description.
- Include information about your vision, values, products and services.
- Do not include hashtags in your company description. Do add hashtags to your page by going into the “manage” section of your Linkedin page.
- You should also add hashtags later, when you post content in the post editor.
Now let’s explore the visuals on your Linkedin page
Now that you have created a satisfactory company description, you should think about the branded cover image. Make sure your image is on brand. This is a good place to showcase simple imagery that connects to your company’s brand. You can also use this area to showcase specific products or announce big news.
Add a custom button
Last but definitely no less important is adding a custom button. Again in the “manage” section of your page, you can edit your buttons. The default will be “view your website”. However, you can change this periodically to announce upcoming events. You can change this at any time to: contact us, register, sign up , learn more and view website. If you’d like to track where your leads are coming from, you can add a UTM to your URL.
Next time we will explore how you can grow your page following. As always we are here to help businesses of all sizes. We can help you optimize your website, Linkedin page and your socials. To talk to a digital strategy expert, reach out today