How do consumers use social media?
Have you ever wondered, how consumers use social media? We have written a lot about how audiences consume content. However, what do they do while on social media, do they use search, do they take reviews as gospel and make purchases?
Let’s take a closer look.
Sprout social has created a guide on what users do while they are on social media that is segmented by Generation.
Here are some insights:
- 76% say that social media enables them to interact with brands and companies
- 78% report using social media to learn about new brands.
- 52% of Gen Z consumers expect companies to read and analyze their social media posts.
- 61% use social to communicate with family, friends and acquaintances.
- 51% use social to kill time.
- 47% use social to learn about new trends
- 52% say their social media use has increased over the past year
- 29% believe it will continue to rise over the next three years.
- 74% of Gen X also say that social media is an essential part of their life, putting them on par with Millennials and even Gen Z.
- 20% say they have purchased directly from a social platform
- 21% have used social media for customer service.
Although each generation uses social, the way they use it is increasing tremendously. From communication, to purchases, and even as a means to kill time. Let’s face it, Social Media usage is not slowing down. We help clients navigate the latest social media trends. Please bring your challenges so we can discuss solutions. Get in touch today.